Got a question?
We can help you develop strategies, brainstorm ideas, plan your programs, and learn about the latest research, tools and trends. We tailor information to your individual needs or issues. You can access our consultation services remotely through a variety of platforms and tools or in person in your Ontario community, at little or no cost.
Some of our frequently-requested consultations…
- Child poverty
- Indigenous health
- Early learning
- Child obesity
- Mental health in pregnancy and parenting
Our staff stays on top of new research and initiatives and keeps in close touch with a range of networks across many sectors. We look forward to hearing from you!
Consultations by phone or e-mail
We provide immediate support to link you to resources, problem solve, discuss strategies and approaches, review action plans or funding proposals, or comment on draft resources. Please contact one of our consultants for more information.
We can come to your Ontario community to work with you in person on a specific issue at little or no cost. Content and timing are tailored to meet your needs.
- Basic consultations will increase your knowledge about current research and its implications and will help you consider and select effective strategies.
- Advanced consultations will assist you to develop plans, design initiatives, build partnerships and problem solve.
To schedule on-site consultations please email us with the following information:
- Contact name
- Organization, address, phone, fax and email
- Language of consultation (French, English)
- What you hope the consultation will accomplish
- When you would like the consultation
- Who will participate, and where the consultation will take place
The Best Start Resource Centre reviews requests for on-site Consultations every 6 months and decisions are made within 4 weeks of the deadlines. Our usual deadlines for submission are June 1st and December 1st. Consultation requests can sometimes be considered between these deadlines.
What service providers have to say about our consultations:
"Good conversations to expand/enhance understanding of topic"
"Great chance to collaborate"
"Great dialogue. Insights into beneftis of collaboration"
"I acquired a set of skills to start to use in my personal and professional life"